Re: [Epic] Flak

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 10:41:48 -0400

Sean Smith wrote:

> Having used flak and aircraft, I find that you need both (note I have an IG
> army). I use the flak to protect my artillery near baseline, while I
> use Thunderbolts to protect the rest of my army, were necessary.
>
> The advantage of using flak, as opposed to interceptors, to protect
> my artillery is: first, the flak gets to fire before aircraft do;
> second, flak is available every turn of the game; third, flak the
> way I place it discourages enemy aircraft from flying over my boardedge;
> and finally, flak on overwatch gets to reroll any misses, which aircraft
> don't!

        Flak on overwatch can't shoot at flyers. The flak
unit has to be on special orders.

        Do people find that flyers are too powerful without
the house rule that makes them fly all the way across the
board? It certainly seems like using that rule would
drastically change the flyers' effectiveness, but of course
the points stay the same.

Scott
shupes_at_...