Re: [Epic] Hello (the good 'ol days)

From: Rob Steinberg <raveallnight_at_...>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 1997 23:16:56 -0700 (PDT)

> I used to be a member of a club when I was still at University. We
had
> around 30 active members and I managed to hold a great Man O'War
campaign.
> However Magic the Gathering arrived in Australia and nothing was
ever the
> same :[
>
> Now I have only a handfull of opponents.
>
> TTFN
> Michael Goh

Your story sounds very similar to mine. I used to be a member of a
university games club, and at one stage we had about 8 regular Epic
players, all with different armies (well, almost), but one by one the
players left to embrace roleplaying, Magic and one evn went gothic...
I yearn for the good 'ol days when Epic was poopular and not just a
fringe game, like it has become now (in Sydney, anyway). But what I
don't understand is that WH40K is thriving.... Epic is such a better
game by all accounts.

If only I had a handful of opponents...

Christian Nielsen