RE: [Epic] Hello

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 09:41:00 -0500

>Not much so far - I suppose it is a a myth from WH40K - just because I play
>Eldar and don't lose - they think that GW favours Eldar and when I changed
>to Tyranids to prove otherwise they think that Tyranids are also favoured.
>My next plan is to play the Imperium. If I massacre them with the same army
>that they are playing to will prove my tactical superiority (fleeting as it
>may be). I actually think that superior luck has to do with a lot of my
>success to date. My opponent seems to have more than his fair share of ones
>(including rolling for critical hits vs my Warlock Titan and rolling snakes
>eyes twice).

----> Don't go to the Imperials to prove something - tons of people seem
to be
convinced that GW loves them over all others - and hardcore Eldar
players are
usually out in front leading this charge for some reason - so if you do,
try to win
using the least interesting and lowest powered units. Otherwise you may
be
stunned at the outcome -"of course you won - the imperials get all those
special rules and cool units - how could you not win ?"

        You may notice this trend
                        1) Whenever a new army comes out.
                                (or whenever an important new unit comes
                                out for an existing army)
                        2) Whenever YOU start playing with a new army.

You know, in different Epic versions and in 40K, I've never said "gosh,
that army
is just unbalanced and will not lose." Most of the armies are unbalanced
in that they
are much better at shooting or HTH. I've lost to a new army or player
the first time
quite a bit, but I've never been unable to beat an army/player the
second or third
time...
        Chris Miller