Re: [Epic] Just how big is a BigMac

From: Richard Dewsbery <dewsbery_at_...>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 15:54:12 +0100

> >>McDonalds to be a proper subset of food.
> >
> >Of course Mc Donalds "food" is edible...
> >For French people, Mc Donalds are Fast Food and not Restaurants...
> >It's very convenient (very fast, etc...) but you will never say that
> >a Happy Meal is some good food, it's a heresy.

Just to clear up a point here, this morning I returned from a short trip
to France, and I can tell you that they have no concept of "fast food"
whatsoever. Sure you can buy a burger or hot-dog. But it won't arrive
fast. It will arrive very slowly indeed. Don't think, however, that
because it's French it will have added taste or flavour - it will taste
like cardboard and sawdust just the same as elsewhere in the world.

A truly remarkab;e performance - fast food that is not fast, and is food
only in the sense that you put it in your gob.

Richard