Re: [Epic] Just how big is a BigMac

From: Alan Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 1997 02:50:57 -0700

Brian Douglas wrote:

> In Asterix the Legionary the Indomitable Gaul gives this culinary
> advice, "You can judge how strong an army is by the quality of its
> food. The stronger the army, the worse the food."

And it has, in a small way, increased the amount of Justice in the
world.
You see Heinrich Himmler, operating on the looney theory that the Brit's
had an Empire because of the regimen practiced in British boarding
schools, made his SS Officer Cadets eat porridge. British Boarding
School porridge.

This is a horror worse even than Maccers. I spent 2 years in a British
boarding school. I didn't mind having the bed nearest the window (it was
my duty to close it if too much snow started to get in, and on at least
2 occasions I slept through it and awoke covered in snow). The Latin
tests where a failing mark (<75%) meant 6 of the best was just one of
the hazards of life.

But the porridge..... The Horror.... Oh, the Horror....

> Britain now enjoys:- Indian, Chinese, American, Carribean and a host
> of others. We'd like to apologise to the countries whose historical
> and cultural development was temporarily interrupted but, hey, it was
> worth it 8)

Yes, nothing like a civilised country being conquered by barbarians to
civilise the latter. And of course, some of the above ARE nothing like a
civilised country... There, I think I've offended everybody. :)

BTW that bit about boarding school was true. Had the time of my life
there.

--
100026.2014 compuserve o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo
See http://www.z-world.com/graphics/z/master/8856.gif for picture