Re: [Epic] Just how big is a BigMac

From: Brian Douglas <bdouglas_at_...>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 1997 15:00:31 PDT

On Tue, 1 Jul 1997 09:31:39 -0400 Erik K. Rutins wrote:

> From: Erik K. Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
> Date: Tue, 1 Jul 1997 09:31:39 -0400
> Subject: Re: [Epic] Just how big is a BigMac
> To: space-marine_at_...
>

> > Of course, I've heard that McDonalds is actually an improvement
over
> > English food ;).
>
> Well, as the English say, "We did have an Empire to run..." <g>
>
> Regards,
>
> - Erik
>
> "Look within. Within is the fountain of good, and it will ever
bubble
> up, if you will ever dig."
> - Marcus Aurelius

In Asterix the Legionary the Indomitable Gaul gives this culinary
advice, "You can judge how strong an army is by the quality of its
food. The stronger the army, the worse the food." It has also been
said that an army marches on its stomach so I think you'll agree
*British cuisine was the motivating factor behind the building of the
British Empire* (British rather than English as after all the Scots
contributed Haggis while the Welsh created culinary delights centered
around coal)
Britain now enjoys:- Indian, Chinese, American, Carribean and a host
of others. We'd like to apologise to the countries whose historical
and cultural development was temporarily interrupted but, hey, it was
worth it 8)