Re: [Epic] Hello (E40K???)

From: Christian Nielsen <raveallnight_at_...>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 06:35:56 -0700 (PDT)

---Scott Shupe wrote:

> > I'm playing my first game of E40K this weekend and all I can say is
> > that it better be GOOD!
>
> Don't expect a whole lot out of the first few games, it
> takes a while to get used to the new rules.

Great... Thanks for that, I was really looking forward to it... :-(
But I know exactly what you mean. I actually started playing SM with
a friend before either of us had the rules for the game. He had a few
White Dwarf magazines (around issue 140?), and we learnt to play the
game with our own rules, using just the stats lines from photos of the
game and in articles in the magazines. When I eventually bought the
game (about a year after we first started playing!), we found that the
rules which we had "developed"were not that far from the "official" GW
2nd ed SM ones (hard to get in Tasmania, which is where I was at the
time)
Just to show that I appreciate the difficulties in getting into Epic
(well, SM/TL at least)