Re: [Epic] My DexCon Epic 40k experiences...

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 1997 08:59:10 -0400

Christian Nielsen wrote:

> ---Francois Bruntz wrote:
> >
> > Is an Imperial army (I mean Space Marine + Imperial Guard + Adeptus
> > Mecanicus) not too powerfull? I'm one of these fundamentalists who
> > believe that the only way is a total Space Marine army or a total
> > Imperial Gard army. OK perhaps with some Titans or Heavy Vehicles
> > from the Adeptus Mecanicus. What do you think about this?
>
> Although this question was not addressed to me, I'd have to agree with
> Fancois. Although it is now perfectly vanilla to have marines and
> Guard in the same army, it just doesn't feel right to me. It takes
> away a lot of the challenge by just saying "Well, my Guard army
> doesn't have any assault units... I'll just take a thunderhawk with
> some termies".

        OTOH, not every E40k player was a SM/TL player, and there's
not a whole lot available for new players right now. I've seen
Erik's army, and it consists of a few warlords, a bunch of space marine
plastic infantry/tanks, and some of the new metal SM/IG miniatures
(thawks, arty, IG flyers). I kinda doubt that he could have fielded
an army that size without taking a mixed force (or if he could have,
it would be all tac marines, land raiders, and whirlwinds).

> I just feel that when I am playing with such a mixed
> force, I am playing with cheese, and for me, winning with cheese is
> not very fulfilling.

        Which is fine when you have a choice. Just remember that
not everyone has huge armies to choose from.

Scott
shupes_at_...