Re: [Epic] Hello

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 17:57:04 -0400 (EDT)

Excerpts from Epic: 8-Jul-97 Re: [Epic] Hello by A. Allen McCarley_at_iris2.
> What were typical squat forces that people used? I had one regular
> opponent in SM/TL that liked the squats. His army usually went something
> like this:
>
> 3 Overlord Companies (for a total of 9 gas bags)

Yow! I never fielded more than one of these... 'course, I only have 4
painted up. Though I began to dislike fielding the company in games
less than 4000 points, just 'cause it seemed to do so well.

> 3 Colossi

Again, ow.

> 1 Biker Company

What, only one?

> 2 Gyrocopter Companies
>
> Occaisionally he'd throw in a Warlord Titan Battlegroup or a marine infantry
> company in THawks. Don't think I ever saw a squat infantryman except for
> a Grand Warlord now and again.

Heh. I nearly always took the Iron Breaker Legion, and a squad of
Termites. Put those Hearthguard to good use! Thunderers would usually
appear with a card of Rhinos for transport... I used lots of infantry.
(Hmm, maybe that's why I only have a 50% or so win record. ^_- )

Seriously, I really don't see fielding a Squat force without either the
Iron Breaker or a Warrior Brotherhood... it just doesn't feel right to
me.

                    Aaron Teske
                    Mithramuse+_at_...
                    Squat Leader, Den'Len Fetch