Re: [Epic] My DexCon Epic 40k experiences...

From: Alan Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 1997 21:58:32 -0700

Erik K. Rutins wrote:

> Alan,
>
> > Personally I like fielding an E30K force. That is, use the Imperial
> Army
> > list, but mixed SM and Chaos SM figures.
>
> Any chance of you writing up some kind of army/detachment rules for
> this? :-)
> I for one would love to play in the 30k time.

OK, but there's a few things you have to realise: Certain vehicles
existed then which don't now, and anyone who says they did exist is a
Heretic..

Bullock Jetbikes (use instead of marine bikes, but use Eldar Jetbike
stats)
Manticore Missile Launchers, which have a high Assault factor due to
their tail.
Whirlwinds that could carry troops inside.
Flying Cathedrals aka Thunderhawks

SM1 - that is, Space Marine 1st edition - is a lot closer to E40K than
SM2.
The original box had lots and lots and lots of vanilla marines, plus
Land Raiders and Rhinos. With instructions on how to add flags or paint
jobs to show special variants such as devastators, assault marines, or
Whirlwinds.

Things which (according to fluff) did not exist in 30K:
Marauders.
Other things which aren't mentioned, and thus may be omitted:
bikes
attack bikes

Basically, I'd use the E40K organisations, with just a few changes. Both
sides, for example, used the Imperial Tarot.

--
100026.2014 compuserve o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo
See http://www.z-world.com/graphics/z/master/8856.gif for picture