Re: [Epic] Food, Off-Topic Threads and Childishness - a Public Rebuke

From: Chris Leggatt <cleggatt_at_...>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 15:55:57 +1000 (EST)

> the GW product set. I believe, like others, that the unmoderated nature
<snip a well deserved rebuke for Mr Brown>

> of this mailing list gives it its special atmosphere - I like to think
> that I am posting my messages not to an anonymous list, but to a group
> of my friends, and we can share a smile or a laugh from time to time.

I would not only like to thank Richard for a very well thought out reply
(one that was a lot more civil then the one I was considering to send, but
also to agree with the above comments. I've always been a bit more of a
lurker than a contributer (by the time I've read all my mailing lists and
new posts it's time to do some work) but I have also felt that this mailing
list especially is more like a group of friends, both now and when I was on
it a few years ago.

> Richard (whose surname is Dewsbery, if anyone wants to get really
> serious and start making complaints to participants' ISPs)

Chris (who in many years of internet presence has heard many threats to
report people to their ISP but has yet to hear of it being carried out)