Re: [Epic] Stealer Cult

From: Oki Purwanto <oki_at_...>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 14:08:23 +0800

At 05:35 PM 7/9/97, you wrote:

>>Well, its not just the failsafes. I think it is unlikely that a cult could
>>get the resources to not only capture a titan and convert the crew, but
>>also capture sufficient resources to maintain the titan, and moreover to
>>transport it offplanet. I'm guessing that there are probably less then
>>1000 titans in all of imperial space, and most of these would be on mars,
>>with the majority of the rest on forge worlds.

I think there are probably a lot of titans running about. There are quite a
number of Titan Legions - the largest having something like 100 Titans,
whereas the smallest having approx. 12 Imperator Titans (or Emperor class
Titans). This fluff is from the Titan Legion box IIRC.

Also, Mars has three Titan Legions stationed, the only planet in the
Imperium to have three Legions, having two Legions on a planet is already
exceedingly rare.

BTW, the fluff in Space Marine novel by Ian Watson tells of a squad of
scouts taking over an Emperor class Titan and successfully taking a few
Warlord Titans. What they did was infiltrate behind the enemy line, got into
the "cockpit", killed the crew, ate their brains, and through their
what-you-cakk-it organ/implant learned how to operate the Titan well enough
to get the job done :)

Still having Titans in the hand of cultist (Genestealers) should be
extremely rare.

Regards
Oki