Re: [Epic] E40K:Tyranids Suck!!!

From: Oki Purwanto <oki_at_...>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 15:22:42 +0800

At 12:01 AM 7/18/97 -0400, you wrote:

>The conclusion is the marines have only about a 1 in 12 chance of
>winning the battle and a real good chance of getting clobbered. Of
>course you would probobly loose the ensuing FF.

Actually this is a part where I always get confused (probably misread/miss
reading the specific rule part :))

If say, the SM got clobbered in the assault phase, they have to withdraw
right ? And they have to be more than 15cm away from the enemy, otherwise
they get wiped out, right ?

So assuming some SM units did managed a successful withdrawal and survive,
how did they get into firefight range (15cm) in the firefight phase ?

BTW, supposedly the SM has got termie units, can the SM player
i) roll to save (4+) if the termie units cannot move out of the 15cm range ?
ii) decide to just risk it, let his termie units sit tight and hope the to
save roll will bail him out ?

I know I am probably gonna get RTFM reply from some of you, but I am really
in a lost with the rules at this part.

>Also remember that you are charging 6 tyranids into the face of
>21 marine units. I don't think you had any reason to expect to
>come out on the winning end of that equation (in the long run).

Nicely put !

Regards
Oki