Re: [Epic] New to Epic

From: Brett Hollindale <agro_at_...>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 18:10:59 +0200 (MET DST)

At 04:06 PM 18/7/97 +0800, you wrote:
>I'm new to Epic and this list, and I have a few questions about
>Epic40k and Epic(ie the the old edition).
>
>First some background. I've been playing WH40k for about a year and a half.
>Recently my cousin(my regular opponent) bought Epic40k. We've played a couple
>of games and have just about got the rules down pact( we were doing things
>like letting all war engine hits cause critical damage! :). The extreme
>simplicity of the game was at first (and still to a fair extent is) off putting
>but I like the way it's what you do with your troops rather than there
>potency/armarment etc. I hate Fate cards and think that their should just be a
>psychic phase like what I know about the old Epic.
>
>My question is should I buy the old Epic (and if so do I get Space Marine
>or do I only need Titan Legions) or should I get Epic40k.

While I myself oppose E40K and all it stands for, I think that the deciding
factor will most likely be what are the people you are likely to be playing
with playing?

If you decide to get into E40K - and you have the oportunity to buy the EPIC
2nd Ed box set, you might consider it just for the figures and terrain
(buildings).

Agro

>To help me answer this question I would be grateful if someone could explain
>the
>close combat system for Epic. I know it revolves aroud Close Assualt
Factors but