Re: [Epic] New to Epic

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 13:18:53 -0400 (EDT)

Foggddm_at_... writes:
> Why are you opposed to E40k?

        Because GW sounded a lot like politicians at an election
rally. They make lots of promises about E40k and then don't make good
on their word.

The big one, of course

Q: Will our old miniatures be usable in the new system?
A: Absolutely! No doubt about it! (About that emphatic, though the
words are a bit off)

I'd like to see you put your Knights and Squats to good use without
using unofficial rules like Citadel Journal.

I was fortunately not to make more than one stand of Exarchs. The
only thing I can even try to use my Exarch stand for now would be for
a stand of Swooping Hawks with Exarch. And it's not a good fit.

They too out a lot of the units that gave the 40k universe more
character, like IG Assault squads and bikes, and the Orky
unreliability and inconsistency between their units.

        (That said, I'm willing to play either game. But you're going
to have to put up with my older miniatures. And stop asking why that
SHV looks so small. It was a Warp Hunter.)

Mark