RE: Mikes Rant on Orks/ was RE: [Epic] E40K:Battle Report -

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 12:36:19 -0500

-----> This would be nice...

>I wish the Speedsta was a basic item, not a KoS support only item
>I use Speedstas the way i used to use braincrusha and spleenrippas.
>it just doen't "feel" like the old ork army. I don't like using so many
>speedstas, but they are the only effective unit for Eldar or Landraiders
----> I wish they'd either put in an AT unit or make "battlewagons"
customizable
beyond just the look, kinda like some of the war engines - pick a
weapon, it has
x range and the vehicle will cost x points. FP, AT, Death ray, cc
accessory,
whatever.I really don't think it would add any special rules, just more
options
on the army list.

>We all realize that using FP against +6 armor doesn't work
>
>I want something between a deth ray and FP for the orks
>
>There used to be many ways to skin an Eldar, just in E40k, most of those
>ways are gone.
>
>Besides, this gives me the excuse to say"ELDAR CHEEZE!"
>
>I feel much better now.
>
>mike
-----> Remember deathrollers ? 50-50 chance of wiping something out
and not getting bogged down in HTH...used to use bonebreakas and
a gibletgrinda to clear a path for battlewagons. It didn't always work,
but it was nice against Chaos HTH troops - SQUISH- out come the
goffs. Might have been a little Orky cheese, but it was always a
crapshoot. That's a weapon I really would like to see adapted to E40,
but I don't see a decent way to do it.
        That's one of the "holes" in the redo as I see it:
Rules simplification is OK, but dumping units which didn't need special
rules makes no sense. Most of the orky vehicles, eldar aspects,
even some chaos types - all have no need for different rules, just
a different stat line, or an option in the lists.
        Our house rule/list discussions have covered a lot of this,
but it's still annoying that the "party line" won't cover them.

Chris Miller