RE: Mikes Rant on Orks/ was RE: [Epic] E40K:Battle Report -

From: James Nugent <jnug1453_at_...>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 14:12:11 -0400

On Fri, 18 Jul 1997, James Nugent wrote:

> > i wrote:
> >the lack of long=
 range AT shots hurt the orks in a big way.

> True, although eldar have=
 no deth rays while orks can field them on a basic tank.
> Kinda balances o=
ut, especially since days can auto inflict a blast
>marker.(1 super heavy w=
eapon, and it's gonna hit)

ahem. let not forget eldar stuff
 90cm, have a =
BM
 60cm, have a large load of AT shots,plus BM

Actually, the Nightspinner=
 isn't that good. It cost the same as imperial artillary that can actually =
hurt things. Also, engines of Vaul are overpriced. For the same amount you =
could get 3 Landraiders(105 pts) that have 6 At shots(as opposed to D6). Al=
so they have better armour and fire as vehicals.

ork stuff
 45cm, have =
some FP,if hit, get a BM
 30cm, Deth Ray, just don't roll a 1 B-), have a B=

Don't the speedsta's have 45 cm range? Stop me if I'm wrong but...I was =
pretty sure it was 45 cm.

as an Ork player, i would GLADLY take a 60cm AT =
shot in place of a 30cm DR

How about we compramise, 60cm DRs for everyone =
:)

the problem with Orks is they don't get to 30cm to shoot. They are all
=
dead/broken from 60cm AT shots before they get into range. Those AT shots
b=
ypass the bikes and kill the speedstas.

Well, what would you aim for? ;)
O=
f course the Pulsar is a war engine weapon, you can have as many Kos as you=
 want.

I wish the Speedsta was a basic item, not a KoS support only item
=
I use Speedstas the way i used to use braincrusha and spleenrippas.
it just=
 doen't "feel" like the old ork army. I don't like using so many
speedstas,=
 but they are the only effective unit for Eldar or Landraiders

We all real=
ize that using FP against +6 armor doesn't work

I agree with you there. Ac=
tually, it would be nice to have things with a 6 armour. I bet you agree wi=
th me there.

I want something between a deth ray and FP for the orks

The=
re used to be many ways to skin an Eldar, just in E40k, most of those
ways =
are gone.

Besides, this gives me the excuse to say"ELDAR CHEEZE!"

I feel =
much better now.

That's good. I don't feel there is much cheese in new 40K=
, with the possible exception of land raiders. Otherwise, things seem to co=
st about what they should.
although, in 2Ed all races had things that were=
 cheesy in sufficient numbers, I tried not to field these things in large e=
nought numbers to do so. Eldar had wave serpants, Orks had Weirdboy towers,=
 Squats had overlords, everyone had something.
---------------------------=
--------
"Your incorrect assumptions are threefold."
"You assume law still =
reigns in the Five Galaxies"
"You assume that we would be bound by preceden=
ts and precepts from the last 10 million years."
"But your most incorrect a=
ssumption of all is to assume that we care."
                                        -David Brin, Infinity's=
 Shore