RE: [Epic] New to Epic

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 13:16:49 -0500

>Foggddm_at_... writes:
>> Why are you opposed to E40k?
>
> Because GW sounded a lot like politicians at an election
>rally. They make lots of promises about E40k and then don't make good
>on their word.
>
>The big one, of course
>
>Q: Will our old miniatures be usable in the new system?
>A: Absolutely! No doubt about it! (About that emphatic, though the
>words are a bit off)
>
>I'd like to see you put your Knights and Squats to good use without
>using unofficial rules like Citadel Journal.

Yep, my 2 other most regular players: One did Orks and SQUATS...
        (pissed him off - no interest in the new version)

and the other did Chaos and an Imperial army based on KNIGHTS...
        (Kinda sucks when they take out one of the most recent
         armies added to the game, especially when they aren't even in
        40K, so there's no conflict with anything.)
snip

>They too out a lot of the units that gave the 40k universe more
>character, like IG Assault squads and bikes, and the Orky
>unreliability and inconsistency between their units.

----> Well the IG lost those in the 40K codex, so I wasn't surprised,
but I
will be intersted to see how the IG infantry come out - lots of
different
types in 40K as far as looks. They lost some of their speedy stuff,
but they have more & better tank options now - it wasn't completely
one-sided.
        Do not like what they did to the orks though. So many infantry
types but NO clan distinctions and too many vehicles sucked up into
"battlewagons" - ouch.
> (That said, I'm willing to play either game. But you're going
>to have to put up with my older miniatures. And stop asking why that
>SHV looks so small. It was a Warp Hunter.)
>
>Mark

----> Absolutely no problem with the old mini's.We "reluctant
transitioners"
have to stick together. Can I still use my flying brick t-hawks?

Chris Miller