Re: [Epic] E40K:Tyranids Suck!!!

From: Felipe Cintron <maelstorm1_at_...>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 1997 16:14:50 -0600

On Sat, 19 Jul 1997 09:46:33 -0400 (EDT) Aaron P Teske
<Mithramuse+_at_...> writes:

>Excerpts from Epic: 19-Jul-97 Re: [Epic] E40K:Tyranids Su.. by Sean
>Kennedy_at_...
>> >Tyranids break just like everyone else. Just that as long as they
>have
>> >the hivemind, they automatically rally in the next rally phase.
>>
>> Actually that is not true. On page 97 of the armies book:
>>
>> Synapse Creatures:
>> Tyranids always pass any Leadership tests they are required to make
>if a
>> swarm has any Synapse creatures still alive. Test for Leadership as
normal
>> if a swarm has no surviving Synapse creatures. In addition, a Tyranid
>> detachment can never be broken if it still contains Synapse creatures.
If
>> the detachment loses a close combat or firefight it must retreat as
normal,
>> but the detachment is not marked as broken.
>
>Given the "must retreat as normal" statement, however, I'd say that if
>they don't get at least 15cm away from the enemy they'll still be
>destroyed. (That is what happens "normally.")
>
>However, if the first took place in your opponent's Assault phase, and
>then came the Tyranid Assault phase, the critters could (assuming
>they're on Assault orders) run right back into the middle of things.
>
> Aaron Teske
> Mithramuse+_at_...

well does the rule about retreating 20cm when beaten aslo include that
the unit is considered to be broken? if so does it also state that it
must move the full 20cm?

I lent my books to a friend who's building a chaos army.

also .. with anti tank shots firing at what ever they wish to fire at one
might as well not take a hive tyrant and only take Tyranid warriors.. the
more the better... the more the harder to casue the tyranid unit to
"break" he'd probably destroy every thing ealse before he actually broke
the unit..

Maelstorm