Re: [Epic] [E40k] Battle Report

From: Philip Troy Routley <ptr320_at_...>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 12:53:55 -0600 (CST)

>At 02:08 21/07/97 -0600, you wrote:
>>[Lesson: Seige artillery is *amazing* for concentrating FP, and can march
>>move in the turns it can't fire].
>
>Whoops ... teach me not to read the rules properly. We've been playing that
>they can shoot me every turn.

Heh, yeah. Unless the heavy barrage is on a war engine, you can only fire
every second turn.

>>4) Blast markers didn't play a big part in this battle, with no unit
>>keeping more then 1 after the rally phase, and FP not significantly
>>reduced.
>>
>>Troy
>
>I used to think that blast markers didn't play too much of a role in the
>game until we started using units which solely dealt out blast markers. I
>haven't tried the nightspinners yet, but 16 biovores are really nasty! The
>enemy cannot move, cannot shoot and their army morale goes down rapidly.

Looking back on the battle, we forgot to subtract blastmarkers from morale
at the end of each turn. It wouldn't have made much difference (probably 3
less morale for me, 2 for the other guys) in that battle.

Blast markers may not have played to big a part in that battle, but that
doesn't mean I was discounting there effect in the game. It was the way
blast markers so neatly cover suppression fire and morale effects that
clenched the deal for me getting into E40k - very well done on the part of
AC & JJ.

Troy