RE: [Epic] Tactic Critique

From: David Lado <lado_at_...>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 11:52:06 -0400 (EDT)

>There you go with them negative vibes again.
>
>[----->]What do you mean neagative vibes (-vibes :) Just pointing
>something out. Never used them, but they look pretty good.

They were a failed experiment by the eldar. It was a vibro-cannon
that fixed whatever it shot. Unfortunately, it was designed pre-
e40k when the rules prohibited the eldar from shooting at their
own troops, so the project was abandoned and the technology lost.

>>That might be a difference in tactics. If you're willing to send in a
>>sacrificial lamb (or two) to range the enemy (keep inching him until
>>he gets clobbered with snap-fire, now you know how far out 10 cm is :),
>>you could get your detatchment in gunnery range. Once in range,
>>the bikes are just as shooty as heavyweapons, falcons, or predators,
>>and cheaper. You use your high strategy rating to hopefully get off
>>the first shot, and shoot your bikes before they get punished.
>
>[----->] Actually, I've always wanted to try this with guardians
>and wraithguard. Wraithguard to use as the sacrificaial one, since
>they probably won't die to snap fire. Have you tried this marine
>bikes/speeders. Sounds iffy though. Also you'd be in a firefight
>after the shooting phase. Strikes me as you HAVE to shoot first,
>or die.

Well, I admit I've never tried it. My buggies and bikes have a
30-45 cm range :). The only orky thing with a 15 cm range is
the gretchen, and I don't worry much about shooting with them. :)

David