Re: [Epic] Tactic Critique

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 12:06:34 -0400

Miller, Chris wrote:

> >I'd call Plague catapults disrupt weapons. although short ranged,
> >they could still fit with the tactics described (with a little careful
> >manouvering).
>
> Yes but I didn't like a lot of that Nurgle stuff that came out late in
> SM/TL
> so I didn't buy them. Unfortunately, they seem to be the only chaos unit
> which can do this kind of thing. You'd think Chaos would have a titan
> weapon of this type (got plenty of those) but no luck as yet.
>
> BTW it wasn;t just the Nurgle stuff either. I thought the Tzeentch
> flyers
> were way too fragile (having blown out of the sky about 90% of the ones
> I have faced, and usually most of that on the first turn).

        The Doomwings could be kinda usefull (just don't use them
to shoot), but the Firelord and the Silver Towers were pointless.
"Here, have some free VPs..." Both are proof to me of GW's lack of
playtesting.

> As for those
> goofy looking Slaanesh units..."quick, stop that sculptor before he
> sculpts again!" The one titan wasn't too bad, but those knights...
> ooooo....ya know, at least the orks are _supposed_ to look goofy.
> Normally, Slaanesh is one of my favorites.

        I thought the models looked fine (not great, but not that
silly, either). And they were pretty good for what they did, although
they were expensive and kinda fragile.

> I thought the Nurgle tower looked interesting, but it was too slow,
> too big, and too easy to kill, especially when it was full of troops...

        Easy to kill? It was a GD, just like the LoB - you could
sacrifice cards to keep it alive. Even if it did die, everyone
inside got a 4+ chance to survive. AND it moved faster than foot
troops, making it ideal to cart around Plague Bearers, Beasts of
Nurgle, Great Unclean Ones, and of course Mortarion. The Tower was
one of the few useful daemon engines.

> "When it comes to Daemon Engines, Just say KHORNE!"

        That's a joke, right?

Scott
shupes_at_...