Re: [Epic] Tactic Critique

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 14:57:55 -0400 (EDT)

Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...> writes:

> > > That's a joke, right?
> >
> > I agree doomwings were the best of the Tzeentch engines, but
> > the Khorne units included numerous shots, some with template
> > weapons, some which fired blast markers (rare for chaos), some
> > transport ability, a generally high CAF, and the property of getting
> > better whenever you were ahead on VP's.
>
> And were 3 for 300 points, 3 VPs for killing 2. For
> killing 2 really big targets with a 2+ armor save. 2 really
> big targets with (at best) 50cm range weapons, that by
> definition has to get close to the enemy to do anything. 2
> really big targets that you can't play chaos cards on, and
> thus are easily swarmed by bikes. There's no way those guys
> were even remotely useful.

        Mmm. I'm using the Khorne engines when possible just because
I'm trying to make a Khorne (plus mortal followers) army. But don't
forget, the Cannon of Khorne is a Khorne engine, even if the
detachment card was a separate piece of cardboard. I hated those
things, the fear factor on those things is immense. (I stopped
fielding my Phantom and Warlock Titans as often after seeing the CoK).
        But overall, I'd tend to agree. A unit that can't go on FF,
and doesn't have long ranged guns, but is expensive and not all that
great at CC just doesn't really have a use in a Khornate army. I
liked the Brass Scorpions anyways, as a +7? CAF was pretty
respectable, and it was able to go into woods.

Mark