RE: FW: [Epic] deathstrikes

From: Carl Woodrow <carl.woodrow_at_...>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 20:55:59 +0100

Couldn't agree more...

The reason I play Epic is for fun, not just to win =
through exploiting the rules better than my opponent. I have probably lost =
more battles than I have won, but at the end of the day I can truly say tha=
t I enjoyed every game...win or lose.

ALL of my armies have a far larger p=
roportion of infantry than anything else, not because they are tactically b=
etter but for two simple reasons:

1) It is more realistic
2) They look gre=
at on the tabletop and isn't that what it is all about?...huge sweeping 40K=
 armies clashing in Epic scale. Sure there have been some fun 40K scenarios=
 based around armour vs armour but by far the majority involve infantry vs =
infantry with the occasional support vehicle. By the time you scale this in=
to Epic IMHO an army made up entirely of Artillery or SHW's is simply unrea=
listic and to be perfectly honest *dull*.

Carl Woodrow
Gryphonne IV - Gene=
seed
http://freespace.virgin.net/carl.woodrow/epic/