RE: [Epic] scenarios

From: David Lado <lado_at_...>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 1997 09:28:33 -0400 (EDT)

>>I am working on converting some WWII scenarios, some scenarios from Panzer
>>Blitz, and other board games to see if they will work. I'm not sure how to
>>make point comversions though so I thought if anyone else has done this they
>>could help.
>
>----> My thoughts also - I have some favorite ASL scenarios I'm going
>to use as a starting point, and see what happens.
>
>One question: What do list members prefer? Forces for each side
>defined down to the unit (which you may not have) or broader, "x
>points of IG tanks, x points of IG infantry" type guidelines? I think
>a broad approach with a few speciifc units to keep the right flavor
>is best, but what do people want?

It's hard to tell. I, personally, prefer more restricted OBs, since
I enjoy "making due" with restricted lists, but I'm probobly in the
minority on this. I also agree that it will make it more difficult
for others to play, since they may not have the correct units.

I think the best compromise is to restrict the options just as much
as is required to give the proper "feel" to the scenario. Thus you
might want to restrict the number of vehicles a player can take or
require a player to field X number of points worth of WEs.

David