Re: [Epic] Chaos strategy rating

From: Chris White <chris_at_...>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 09:36:23 -0700

At 04:23 AM 7/28/97 PDT, you wrote:
>Salutations,
>
>I fought against Chaos last friday night and during (and after) the
>battle we found some problems about the Chaos strategy rating.
>If my memory is good, the value is :
> 5 : only Chaos Space Marines
> 3 : Chaos Space Marines + Cultits/Daemons
> 2 : only Cultists/Daemons
>
>These are my questions :
> - Are daemon engines considered as Daemons? ie Space Marines
>detachments with daemon engines as support have a strategy rating of 3
>or of 5?
> - What is the strategy rating of a Chaos Space Marines + standard
>imperial titans (warhounds, reavers, warlords) army?
> - What is the strategy rating of a Chaos Space Marines + Chaos titans
>or WE (Lord of Battles...)?
>
>Thanks for your help.
>
>Francois Bruntz
>Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

        My feeling on this is that trrops are classified by the heading on their
army list.

        For example, Chaos engines bought as support for a Chaos Marine detachment
would not lower their strategy rating, but Titans would. However, this
applies to Space Marines as well; they have the same strategy rating as if
they were combining with the Impotent Guard unless the words "Space Marine"
are obviously the most important part of the description such as a Smace
Marine Armor Detach.

        Or at least, that's the way I figured it...

Nickles