Re: [Epic] Chaos strategy rating

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 14:15:45 -0400

Chris White wrote:

> At 04:23 AM 7/28/97 PDT, you wrote:
> >Salutations,
> >
> >I fought against Chaos last friday night and during (and after) the
> >battle we found some problems about the Chaos strategy rating.
> >If my memory is good, the value is :
> > 5 : only Chaos Space Marines
> > 3 : Chaos Space Marines + Cultits/Daemons
> > 2 : only Cultists/Daemons
>
> My feeling on this is that trrops are classified by the heading on their
> army list.
>
> For example, Chaos engines bought as support for a Chaos Marine detachment
> would not lower their strategy rating,

        But then you run into the following situation:

Army 1: Chaos Marine Infantry detachment
        7 marine stands, 7 cannons of khorne

Army 2: Chaos Engine detachment
        7 cannons of khorne, 7 marine stands

By your interpretation, army 1 has a strategy rating of 5 and
army 2 has a rating of 3, even though they are (for all intents
and purposes) exactly the same.

        Including non-marine equipment in an army means that
is no longer "only chaos marine," and you should suffer the
loss in strategy rating for using daemon possesed vehicles.
Just as you would if you included regular daemons.

Scott
shupes_at_...