RE: [Epic] Magnus the Red

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 15:26:49 -0500

> Well, going by the daemon prince rules, Magnus would
>look something like:
>
> Move Assault Armor Special
> ==== ======= ===== =======
>Magnus the Red 15cm 6!!! 6 Save, Psyker, Skimmer,
> Commander
>
> 58 points (includes the commander skill)
>
> Pretty bland, huh? And that assault of 6 is really
>pitiful for someone who used to be the equal of a KoS and
>better than GUOs and LoCs (which are all now assault 8) in CC.
>
> How much do those Ork wagons pay for the Death Ray
>upgrade, anyway?
>
>Scott
>shupes_at_...

-----Orky Mekboy thingies are 16 pts + 22 for the ray (or a super lifta-
droppa), so for 20 pts less, they can torch ol' "Minus" pretty
effectively.
Or anything else they choose to nuke.
        Look at these poor guys:
Assault 6 - my marine captain is that good. My librarian is that good.

15cm move - is that to run to the enemy or run away from him?

FP: none! nada! no ranged ability of any kind!

Save: Ok, he can be expected to take an extra hit or two(maybe)

Commander: Well, this doesn't really do much for him, does it?

Psyker: adds to those already mediocre HTH abilities. Whee.

Skimmer: Oh well, here's the payoff. He can't make any kind of
pop-up attack, but at least some woods won't get interfere with
his mighty 30 cm move to assault.

Well, a demon prince(58 pts) is like a rhino(7 pts), only slower. He can
save,
which he will need as it will take him twice as long get anywhere.

He does have the psyker ability , but for 35 pts I can get a librarian
added to my rhino, and I'm still cheaper.

FP: Even at -0-

Armor: DP- 6+, Rhino 5+. Important, but not huge.

Commander: Big Deal.

Skimmer: Also Big Deal. Hey, he needs it as he's only half as fast.
In an open field, this doesn't help him a lick.

Assault value: OK, the daemon wins here. Assuming he gets into
HTH with me given that crappy speed.

So for +51 pts you get +1 armor, psyker, skimmer, and assault value 6

I can add psyker for 35 pts, and get an extra stand, which is
kinda like a save, and the extra stand gets assault value 6.

So upgrade, and for +16 pts, Chaos gets +1 armor, and skimmer
on a unit with no ranged attack.

And this is a chaos _leader_ ?

Chris Miller