RE: [Epic] Magnus the Red

From: James Nugent <jnug1453_at_...>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 07:26:13 -0400

> Move Assault Armor Special
> ==== ======= ===== =======
>Magnus the Red 15cm 6!!! 6 Save, Psyker, Skimmer,
> Commander
>
> 58 points (includes the commander skill)
>
> Pretty bland, huh? And that assault of 6 is really
>pitiful for someone who used to be the equal of a KoS and
>better than GUOs and LoCs (which are all now assault 8) in CC.
>
> How much do those Ork wagons pay for the Death Ray
>upgrade, anyway?

The ork upgrade costs 22 pts for a death ray with a range of
30 cm. I don't remember the range on Magnus' Beam o'Power,
but it was long, so I think an e40k DR with a range of 60+ cm
should be fairly expensive. Neat idea though (Magnus is back!).

I would say lower the range to 45 cm and give it a cost of about +30. Admittably
a 60 cm range is more accurate, but it would be hard to figure out a cost for this. Also
it would make Magnus incredibly expensive. You can guess who the anti-tank guns
and death rays are going to go for.
"Your incorrect assumptions are threefold."
"You assume law still reigns in the Five Galaxies"
"You assume that we would be bound by precedents and precepts from the last 10 million years."
"But your most incorrect assumption of all is to assume that we care."
                                        -David Brin, Infinity's Shore