RE: [Epic] Barrage Templates

From: James Nugent <jnug1453_at_...>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 07:22:41 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Sheldon [SMTP:stephes_at_...]
Se=
nt: Monday, July 28, 1997 3:14 PM
To: space-marine_at_...
Subject: Re: [=
Epic] Barrage Templates

The barrage will effect a tightly packed unit stro=
nger than it will
effect a dispersed unit, that is the relevance of the tem=
plates,
therefore, only allowing the barrages to affect the units under the=

template goes against the feel of the game, and will also slow it down.

=
I think the point people are trying to make is that artilly effects a dispi=
rsed unit with 2 stands next to each other the same as a clustered tightly =
packed one. The feels weird because the 2 clustered stands may not even be =
hit. For that matter the artillary could do enough damage to wipe out the d=
ispursed unit.

-----------------------------------------------------------=
"Your incorrect assumpt=
ions are threefold."
"You assume law still reigns in the Five Galaxies"
"Yo=
u assume that we would be bound by precedents and precepts from the last 10=
 million years."
"But your most incorrect assumption of all is to assume th=
at we care."
                                        -David Brin, Infinity's Shore
-----