Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: Netepic Background

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 20:54:02 -0500

Hi!

I remember this too. The Terra system was particularly hit but the warp
storms, being entirely cutoff. There were many factions battling for
dominance. One faction was led by the Emperor this is where the ideas of
Space Marines were gestated. Titan's were a Mars invention, so its highly
likely Earth forces were more "Ogre-like" prior to the Crusades.
Unfortunately after a long time of civil war the technology degraded so Ogre
technology was lost. While the Emperor is very old very wise it doesn't
necessarily mean he knows all this technology, why else would the search for
STC's be so crucial?

That would be an interesting scenario, fighting over a planet with an
uncovered STC- to make OGRE's!

Peter