Re: [NetEpic ML] [v5.0] Re: HQ units the weasel way

From: darius spano <dmanspano_at_...>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 05:17:50 -0700 (PDT)

This rule is absurd. Armies like the Orks have many HQ
units. The Goff clan comes with 8 Nobz stands and any
Ork player will tell you that you need to take a
support card of Nobz (HQ units). So you have now given
a unit with a 6+ save a fixed 2+ save? The same save
as the Eldar Avatar. Come on now.
We play it that you can't target a HQ model unless
they are the closest model to fire at. If a HQ is with
a detachment taking fire and hits are scored the
player removes what casualties he likes (unless there
was a barrage of course... Look out sir rules). Why
make this difficult. Plain and simple.
If you want to keep it simple and keep the rule yoiu
had in mind make the save a fixed 4+ save then. Still
I can't see how an IG HQ has a better save than a
terminator.
My thoughts.
Darius