Re: [NetEpic ML] 5.0 review

From: darius spano <dmanspano_at_...>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 16:21:33 -0700 (PDT)

I think you should leave the Wind Host alone. It looks
cheap on paper but can die really quick. As for free
units--4 scouts--5 jet bikes--a detachment of
guardians. Big deal, when you destroy them completely
you get 2x pts because they were free.
I play Squats a lot and my troops are expensive and we
give more VPs. What's the balance? I win some and I
lose some. It comes down to strategy and decent dice
rolls to support the tactics. I play against one Eldar
player who uses 2 wind hosts the Avatar and scouts. He
also adds 2 more squads of jetbikes. In a 4000 pt game
 he has 2400 pts left. What can he take? He likes to
mix it up fast and furious. He either swarms on you
and crushes you with numbers or you hold back and
saturate him with fire. Its cool to see this many
bikes on the table. Its tough to beat but he has lost
with that army and usually badly--you break the wind
host and they fallback easily with a morale of 3.
Keep the Windhost at its original cost.
Darius
--- Lorenzo Canapicchi <lorenzo.canapicchi_at_...>