Re: Re[2]: [NetEpic ML] [v5.0] AP vs AT

From: Jarreas Underwood <jarreas_at_...>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 20:47:56 -0400

>Don't get me wrong I am not putting down your hardwork
>and dilligence. I don't know if this will be for
>optional rules or for our reading pleasure that you
>put your time into, but nonetheless it is interesting.
>Darius

Thanks - and I don't know either. *grin* I think it's the precursor to a
proposed cost change to a number (perhaps all) of the army lists, but I'm
not sure yet. I'd like to clarify that this analysis is the alpha version -
now's when you point out things like the Ork and IG command difficulties,
and suggest how many points it's worth as a discount on units.

For Orks: 4 points each in a 15-boyz mob would be a 60 point discount -
that work? How about a 50-point discount across the board for each army
card? I can add and change things like this in about 10 seconds, the way I
put the spreadsheet together.

What I wanted to do was analyze each unit independent of army restrictions.
Now that that's done we can go back and re-calculate costs, taking army
limitations into account. Don't worry about offending me with complaints
about these prices - point out that you think they're wong, and let's fix
them. Same thing with the formula - if you don't like it, say so and
suggest a fix. What I got snippy about earlier was people objecting to
changes without seeing what I wanted to change, or listening to why it
should change.
-Yar