RE: [NetEpic ML] [5.0]Chaos army list

From: <jyrki.saari_at_...>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 16:24:52 +0200

[snip]
> Less work for me. Cool! I can deal with that. I've also had
> the thought that
> since the Chaos Marines left the Imperium in 30,000 AD, they
> shouldn't have
> any of the more receint wargear (like Predators, LR Crusaders
> and tunnelers).
> I looked to the origional Space Marine book set during the
> Horus Heresy to see
> what they had, and it was the 4 types of Marines, Rhino and
> Land Raider. That
> seems a little restrictive, but I think the concept is sound.
> They have a
> limited amount of Imperial gear and have developed their own
> stuff over the
> millennia - like Noise and Plague Marines.

The old army list from WD126 also lists dreadnoughts, predator, vindicator, Whirlwind, land speeder, bikes, mole mortar, thudd gun and tarantula.

That would leave out Flamer marines, Crusader, and Razorback. I'd also not let them have the Stormwind AA vehicle or any of the Imperial flyers, the Chaos has good enough flyers as is.

Another thought: they should be restricted to the older types of dreadnoughts, but since they're hard (read: impossible) to get it may not be such a good idea :(

> Damn. Now that I'm interested again it's gonna be hard to get
> back to my
> thesis - I want to go write Net Epic. *mumble mumble curse* See ya!
> -Yar

Jyrki Saari