RE: [NetEpic ML] [5.0] Squats part 2 Infantry

From: Eivind Borgeteien <eivind.borgeteien_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 19:43:44 +0200

Hi

My gaming group as on several ocations tested the shortbeards. We have
substituted their bolt pistols with lasguns and also taken away their
ability to reroll CC. (You have to grow more beard to do that, laddie! :-) )

Their new prize would be 450 / 5VP pr company and 150 / 2VP pr squadron.

I would suggest that we rather use this stats.

Eivind

 SHORTBEARDS

  The rising of a Squat army is not something of a few months. The young
squats must observe some years of military service before deciding his role
in the squat society. Since they are not enough cold-blooded to face most
battles, they usually play the role of explorers and scouts. Due to the slow
growth rate of the squat society, it�s not usual to risk the lives of the
younger ones and only in desperate or (supposed) secure situations are they
used.

  You can only field one Shortbeard Brotherhood (or a max of 3 squadrons) pr
3000 points.

        Unit Name
       Move
       Save
       CAF
       Weapon
       Range
       Attack Dice
       To hit roll
       Target�s save modifier
       Notes

        ShortBeards
       10 cm
       0
       0
       Bolt Pistols
       25 cm
       1
       5+
       0
        Infiltration

        Name
       Contents
       Break Point
       Morale
       Victory Points
       Cost

        Shortbeards Brotherhood (company)
       1 Warlord

        3 Shortbeards squadrons (1 hearthguard, 5 Shortbeards)
       9
       3
       4
       350

        Shortbeard squadron (support)
       1 Hearthguard, 5 Shortbeards
       3
       3
       1
       100

  NOTE: I reduced the point cost since they had the same point cost as SM
scouts having clearly inferior stats.