Re: [NetEpic ML] Question: How Netepic avoid copyright issue with GW

From: amuro_ray_nt <amuro_ray_nt_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 18:21:34 -0000

Thanks, Peter,

Do you mind if I copy your message and repost it to the MOW yahoo
list?

You do outline the basic concept very clearly on copyright issues
etc. But I still do have questions: It is the use of terms and names
like Space Marines, Eldar, Tyranids etc in the rewritten rules.
Clearly those are GW's property, and they do not create a problem??

For MOW rules rewrite, we are thinking about a group effort (that's
why I would like to repost your message to the MOW list), that way we
can share the effort, blame and burdern...

You do mentioned about no guarantee on GW telling to get it off etc.
Do you have any experience/stories on that? I am trying to reference
Netepic, since it is now on it's 5th edition etc. And how to creep
back into existance after a cease or decease action from GW...

Thanks, this gives us a lot of hope :-)

BTW, just call me Ken :-)

--- Kenneth ---

--- In netepic_at_yahoogroups.com, "Peter Ramos" <primarch_at_c...> wrote:
> 1. Thou shalt not copy/paste. It's very tempting to OCR, scan, or
> otherwise just transfer an out of print rulebook "verbatim" and
make it
> available. You MUST, sit down and basically re-write the whole of
the
> rules in your own words, changing things as you go to personalize
the
> work. Copyright covers the physical manifestations of the
copyrighted