RE: [NetEpic ML] [5.0] Squats part 2 Infantry

From: <nils.saugen_at_...>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 08:47:31 +0200

Lurke mode off.......

HI,

We've allowed Shortbeards to avoid a furious discussion with our inhouse
dwarf, who would surly hit us over the head with his great axe untill we
agreed anyway.... :)

Seriously, again I've not involved myself to much with the latest revision,
although I've kept my self sort of updated. I would urge causion on issues
such as these squat infantry changes. IMOH squats are one of the most
powerfull armies in the game, if played properly. However, one of their
weaknesses is the number of troops, troop movement and close combat quality.
With cheap units like the shortbeards and good close combat units like
slayer cults we take away one of the squat weaknesses. I think that might be
a bad idea. And while we have accepted the use of Shortbeards, we've never
accepted the use of Slayer Cults, but if my memory serves me right they have
been tested.

As for the issue at hand, I do not see why the shortbeards should have the
infiltration special ability!

Regards
Nils