Re:Hello world of NetEpic!

From: Bruce Scott <B.Scott_at_...>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 11:20:37 +1000

Hi Johan,

1 - Good point about templates and Orks...face that one myself. Best
effort to get as many stands covered with as few as possible HQ units I
think is the answer, but should be by agreement with your opponents.
Alternative if the opponents cant agree is to follow the rules strictly,
even if that means only hitting 1 stand with your 12cm barrage :-(

2 - I think you answered your own questions :-)

3 - Key word is "Automatic". I'd say no scatter.

4 & 5 - The inconsistencies with the Eldar Titan weapons has been recorded
in the Errata thread on Tactical Command. Basically, Pulse Lasers should
be 75cm range and 1D3 hits; Pulsars (Phantom and Warlock only) should be
100cm and 1D6 hits. The Revenants aren't quite so formidable with the
proper stats :-).

6 - The templates have to touch, so no scatter. Walk 'em around buildings
if you have enough.

7 - Doesn't really say does it. Normal assumption would be that they go
away at the end of the turn. Might make the BCS a bit more playable if
they didn't though :-)

8 - I think you're right. You could have another Optional Rule with your
version.

Hi everyone,

I�m a relatively new member of this forum, but I have been using the
NetEpic rule system for quite some time now. It is with great interest I
have followed the discussions and evolution of the game. Every time I go
up to the north of Sweden I try to find some time to battle it out with
some old friends.
After a spectacular clash this Christmas between the Orcs, Squats and the
Eldar we had a couple of rule issues as we always do. Maybe a kind soul
could help us out with them.

1. It mostly has to do with the HQ rule and barrages. Especially with the
big airburst 12 cm barrage template where it is almost impossible to place
it anywhere on the enemy without getting an HQ (especially the Orcs that
have their units littered with HQ�s). How do you do it? By the book or by
trying to minimize the HQ�s under the template?

2. Flame templates and the equivalent. Do they penetrate buildings,
hitting people behind the building as well? I would guess so since they
ignore cover.

3. Do ball and chain ordnance from the Orc gargant belly gun scatter on
the Hit location template, or does it automatically hit the leg location
without scatter? This becomes important once you start shooting at
Imperator titans that have lost their shields...

4. Point cost for certain units, especially the awesome Eldar scout titans
that pack the punch of a Phantom and are harder to bring down because of
their size, but cost only 400 per pair. Also the Orc pulsa rokkits that
cost 250 for three almost sure misses.

5. What is the eldar titan pulse laser range? 100 cm or 75 cm? It stated
differently on the hit location chart and the unit roster. The scout
titans, do they get 2d3 or 1d6 hits from their two smaller pulse lasers?

6. Multiple barrage template weapons that have to touch like for example
the Hellfury missiles on the Squat Cyclops. Can one use them to "round
corners" and target units that are out of LOS, or do the barrages that
gets fired in this way scatter?

7. Does the mekboy bubble chucka forcefield remain in play or does it
disappear at the end of the turn?

8. The deathroller - ordinary vehicle overrun paradox. When an ordinary
vehicle fails to run somebody over they keep on going, pushing the victim
aside whereas the deathroller equipped vehicle has to halt. This make
ordinary rhinos deadly infantry killing machines. I know this is an
optional rule but wouldn�t it be better that ordinary vehicles also had to
halt after a failed overrun?

Well, that was it. I can drag on and on discussing Epic so I�ll come to a
halt here.

Cheers from a snowy Stockholm

Johan