RE: [Net Epic ML] RE: [Net Epic ML] RE: [Net Epic ML] RE: [Net Epic ML] SoB more than n meets the eye?

From: Peter Ramos <pramos2_at_...>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 15:19:54 -0500

Hi!

Terminators and some other units have fixed save of 5+ or in case of
inquisitors 4+ fixed. Its all a question of how do you compare these units
with Necrons, better or worse?

As for the scarabs, I can go either way, if you don't like them dump them.

APC's like the rhino or protector for that matter don't have great armor and
dreadnoughts and terminators have better saves. Again its all a question of
how powerful we view them.

If we are to follow the fluff of our own creation the Necrons have saved the
slann from annihilation at hands of the tyranids. The question remains
however, was this done through superior troops ability or waves of cannon
fodder?

I understand the annoyance of troops and vehicles having similar saves, but
its not a first to do this other armies have the same. The slann just have
more of them, then again they cost a lot.

The other thing is those who have tested them it seems they are alright as
is, why change what works?

Peter