Re: [NetEpic ML] Iron Warrior votes (LONG)

From: Weasel Fierce <septimus__at_...>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2000 10:54:09 GMT

i will give my own suggestions as well. :)

>Iron Warrior special ability: (Pick one or more))
>A: All stands start in foxholes (as trenches but each segment covers only
>one stand)
>B: Stands are dug in automatically when assuming first fire orders
>C: Each Iron Warrior company get a free trench card
>D: Each Iron warrior company get a free razorwire card
>E: C and D
>F: Iron Warriors get a +1 assault bonus when assaulting buildigns, trenches
>etc.
>G: As F but increased to +2 for veterans
>H: Iron Warriors can ignore razorwire when moving
>I: Iron Warriors get an assault bonus near objectives (15 cm. or so)

G. This makes the Iron warriors more aggresive which people seem to like
more. If people seem to prefer a more defensive style I would go with the
trenches

>Terminators:
>A: Terminators are designed for close assault in dense terrain and should
>be
>available
>B: Termi-armor is too heavy and would bog down / slow down an assault. Thus
>not used by Iron Warriors

>Heavy weapon infantry: (Please make notes of availability too (company,
>support or?))
>A: Regular (Not veteran) Warrior stands have range of 75 cm. (keep other
>stats as normal)
>B: New unit (Havocs?) with stats equivalent to marine devastators
>C: No heavy wepaon infantry

B. They should only be available as support cards

>Dreadnoughts: (Pick as many as you like)
>A: Iron Warriors may buy marine dreadnoughts
>B: Improve existing chaos dreadnought
>C: Iron Warriors may buy dreadnought-only companies
>D: Iron Warrior infantry companies include a dreadnought detachment
>E: Each company get a dreadnought detachment as a free card

A and D

>Field artillery:
>A: Should Iron Warriors have access to heavy artillery like the imperial
>bombard? If so, should this be self-propelled or a slow field gun?
>B: All Iron Warrior artillery starts the game dug-in ??

A and B

>Tanks and other units: (Please make any relevant statements about
>availability, modifications etc.)
>Rhino
Available as normal

>Predator
Not available

>Land raider
Available

>Vindicator
Available

>Thunderhawk gunship
Special card only

>Bikes
Nope

>Gorgon type vehicle for mine clearance
Hmmm, rather use engineer unit for this purpose

>Land raider modified for trench crossing
Perhaps it expends 5 cm. of its move to cross a trench section?

>Predator with flamers instead of lascannon
I like this (my own idea :) )

>Sabre
Available

>Flamer infantry
Seems very fine for Iron Warriors

>Chaos recruits
Remove these and replace with flamer marines and scouts

>Veterans
As normal, get a +2 bonus versus fortified enemies

>Scouts (marine style)
Call them trench raiders or something. Otherwise, same stats as marine
scouts.

>Assault engineers (for clearing wire, mines etc.)
Can clear minefields and razorwire. Plus, no modifier on to-hit rolls.
Perhaps we could give these abilities to the veterans instead?

>Drop pods
I am a bit against this

>AA guns??
Chaos shoul have an AA gun!!!

>What should lead a company? My suggestion is a chaos champion which we
>already have stats for.
>
>Should Iron Warriors be allowed to take generic minion cards as well?
>(cultists, beastmen etc.)

I say yes myself

>Should they be allowed to pick specific minion cards too (propably a
>maximum
>of one card) or only generic??

One card per company and only if 2 regular cards are bought as well.