Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: New file uploaded to netepic

From: Weasel Fierce <septimus__at_...>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 06:58:24 -0000

>I dont think any power is grossly unfair on its own, you can use them
>well or waste them. It is player dependant not card dependant. To prove
>the point just play chaos without the cards and see how easy it is to
>win. The cards are there for a reason. They balance the armies out. What
>about the forces that dont have them? are they weak? Hardly. Each army
>has its counter to the cards. The imperial forces variety is its own
>strength. They have access to powerful weapons no one else does, same
>goes to the squats and eldar. Does anyone doubt the power of thunderers,
>aspect warriors, jetbikes and imperial artillery? No. The armies with
>cards dont have these is that fair? No. Every army has its mechanic to
>level the playing field.

I (just for once in a lifetime) disagree with you Peter.
Chaos has loads of unique and rather powerfull units like daemon engines,
the games coolest infantry, lots of nasty daemons and virtually a special
rules for 75% of the untis or something.

I think they compares very well with the power of aspect warriors, imperial
artillery etc. without taking extra card sin addition.

What I would like for the cards was some kind of inherent risk when using
them. Just to show that chaos isnt safe.
In the background to Horus Heresy (the board game) the emperor says to Horus
that he cannot master chaos, chaos has mastered him.

So it seems a bit unfair for chaos players to use their cards as safe
powerboosters, since they would stand a very real chance of corruption,
mutation and insanity