RE: [NetEpic ML] Return of the Slann first test: (long)

From: peter ramos <ramospeter_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 10:22:03 -0500

Hi!

>!!! well as I said before the Exodus need no changes done to them, for all
>really did was to copy other units. Example the Ghost Warriors are really
>Long Fangs.
>
>Ok then they should have 50cm range

I bleive the exodus need the dracon to have a 75cm range as originally, the
ghost warriors, I am of mixed mind. although I slightly slant towards 50cm.

>!!! come on when one messes with the warp there should be draw backs. Just
>the way it is.
>
>Hmm, Ihave to disagree with you on this, There should be som sort of middle
>ground....

Losing a d6cm devation is no big deal, I think. The major loss is the other
bonuses fo surprise. For the points involved, the table should slightly
favor them. It may be bad enough to lose the surprise bonus since a little
bit of snap fire (sometimes coming from the sides or back) may quickly
destroy a over extended unit without the suprise bonus. Again well test it
Saturday and see how it goes.

>!!! I have found the the cost formula is worthless, and is all but useless
>when tring to factor in that they repair. Come on you had bad dice. These
>things have a save of 1+, plus if hit they have a 4+ roll to repair, You
>get
>3 of them.

I must agree here, the formula was made prior to the emergence of the slann,
so it doesn't take into consideration repair and other slann attributes. It
gives you an idea, an approximation, I usually go 50-100 points above what
the formular says for the slann.

>!!!You say you are using it before you roll, same goes for the Squats. You
>say I want to use my +1 to I roll then roll the die.

Correct, choose and roll, no after thoughts!!

>!!! yup the troops get to move freely, very deadly thing for the Slann to
>have to deal with. The way it works is like this you say you want it to
>surface, then roll for deveation, then place the bore model on the board,
>then the troops from inside may move freely. What one has to do is kill his
>HQ's for those troops. For if you kill them then they have no Command and
>may not be given orders.

I beleive he ment if the tunneler gets to move when it surfaces (which it
doesn't), but Ed is also correct in how deadly it can be since the troops
will pour out the turn it surfaces and assault everything in range, that can
be pretty bad for the slann.