Re: [Epic] What scares me about Epic 40K

From: Spatula <shupes_at_...>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 1997 11:15:11 -0500

> From: Dan Lobb <danlobb_at_...>
>
> The original Adeptus Titanicus and Space Marine games covered battles
> between similarly armed Imperial and Chaos forces based on the company &
> support card system. In the Renegades supplement of the second edition,
> it is stated that the chaos forces can include any unit from the
> imperial list.

        Ummm... no it doesn't. It gives cards for a bunch of SM
stuff, and allows you to take SM titan special cards as minion
cards. WD 173 allows chaos players to take any SM vehicular support
cards as minion cards. Titan Legions allows chaos armies to take
IG *allies*, up to 50% of the points total. Tech Guard allies are
not allowed, officially.

> They just didn't want to spend the money on all the
> redundant cards. The Warlord titan group is not explicitly forbidden to
> the chaos player.

        It is, because it is not Imperial Guard, it is Tech Guard.
Yes, they are different armies.

> This is pre-Titian Legions, but I haven't found
> anything in that text to forbid this unit either. I would allow the
> Warlord group.

        Fine as a house rule, although there's the question of
how to include it. One minion card? Count it as 3 minion cards?
Attach it to a GD ala the CSM Legions? Stand-alone company card?
There's a bunch of different options available.

Scott
shupes_at_...