Re: [Epic] Drop Pods

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 07:51:57 -0500 (EST)

Excerpts from Epic: 22-Jan-97 Re: [Epic] Drop Pods by Brett Hollindale_at_powerup
> At 10:19 AM 21/1/97 -0500, you wrote:
> >
> >Excerpts from Epic: 21-Jan-97 [Epic] Drop Pods by Brett Hollindale_at_powerup
> >> 1. Drop Pods landing on other Drop Pods. I expect this will sound silly,
> >> but is the bottom Drop Pod destroyed?
> >
> >Given that anything but a Titan that a Drop Pod lands on is destroyed,
> >I'd have to say yes.
>

> I might have worded that a little better...
>
> What I mean is that since you drop them all together in a single mass, what
> happens when two counters from the same drop land one on top of the other...

And I'd have to reiterate what I said above. After all, that means that
one pod (the top one) is going to be firing its retros *into* another
pod. These things are hardly indestructable; I'd say the one on the
bottom dies. If there are any rules in the Hive War supplement on this
matter, they should probably take precedence.

Oh, one side note: if two counters land on top of each other *and* on
ttop of a Titan, then both should hit the Titan. After all, the reason
they inflict a hit on the Titan is because they hit *before* the retros
fire, so the two pods just nail the thing.

                    Aaron Teske
                    Mithramuse+_at_...