Re: [Epic] Problems with the old system

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 00:59:26 -0500 (EST)

Excerpts from Epic: 23-Jan-97 Re: [Epic] Problems with th.. by
kx.henderson_at_...
> >In the old first edition rules I think they had a name like
> >"Praetorian Sized vehicles." As veterans of that game point out,
> >though, the game was so different then that comparisons are
> >pointless. I hear you could actually use the Hellbore back then...
>
> Hey, in the first edition the Hellbore and the Capitol Imperialis were
> REALLY nasty things. The Hellbore contained a Lascannon or two plus
> uncountable Heavy Bolters

Lascannon?? Who are you kidding! ^_- That thing carried Multi-meltas
from _hell_! When it surfaced, you placed the 12cm template centered on
the point where the Hellbore came up, and everything under it took d3
critical hits (ie, if you weren't a Titan, you're dead; if you are a
Titan, you're either dead or in Pain). And anything within 12cm of the
*template* had to make a basic save to survive!!!

The Hellbore was *awesome* way back when... <sigh>

Even the transporter had rules! (Heavy Bolters, plus two power fields!)

>while the Capitol's main gun was a Defense Laser
> with lots of Heavy Bolters and Lascannons to back it up.

Heavy Plasma, actually, not lascannon, but whatever.

>They were the
> nastiest fo the nasties in those days, but now they are sadly lacking. 'Tis
> a shame. I like the Capitol model.

Yeah. I'm (kinda) working on converting some CapImps to Squat SHVs.
Only (kinda) now since I'm at school, and didn't have room to bring the
things with me... ah, well.

                    Aaron Teske
                    Mithramuse+_at_...