Re: [Epic] Orks with LandRaiders

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 16:22:39 -0400 (EDT)

Sutherland <charles_at_...> writes:
> P.S. Anyone got any good ideas for converting battlewagons or stompas? I
> got a snotload of those also.

        I'd like to hear this as well. The only thoughts I have so
far are the Wierdboy battlewagon (make someplace for him to stand, the
mega-gargant scaffolding sprues shown in WD211 work better than any
idea I has come up with until that point, and then glue him on top),
and a Flakwagon... I was going to find 3 cylinders usable as turrets,
and find a way to attach them, nothing really complicated. Affix them
at the crazy angle that Firestorms and Thunderfire batteries are at,
and it should be easily recognizable. Maybe those coffee stirrer
things, but I'll have to see how it looks primed and painted before
making a decision.

        I was also using a disturbing number of battlewagon parts to
convert Land Raiders into Battlefortresses, as $10 a fortress (or
whatever) is a bit too spendy for me.

        I'm just trying to figure out how to model a cult of speed
with only the models from 1 set each of Space Marine and TL, and 2 of
E40k. (More TL stuff is probably available to me cheap, eh?) I see
no way to get any bikes together, or warbuggies. And I'm not about to
shell out $2 for each little vehicle. So what goes fast and can be
modelled using plastic? Anything? I can't see the Orks cannibalizing
Eldar Jetbikes to use as Wartraks, as the technology is just too
different for my tastes. And Eldar is the only force I have lots of.

        I've heard of people converting stompas into undersized mekboy
gargants, but I'd have a rough go of it convincing myself they're big
enough to be real gargants now that the mekboy class is gone. But
then again, if I'm pulling apart a mega-gargant for spare parts, I'll
try to finagle something. But I haven't really figured out what to do
with stompas, as I, well, want some Stompas and only have about 7.

Mark