Re: [Epic] marine chapters (was: Orks with LandRaiders)

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 16:35:53 -0400

Mark A Shieh wrote:

> I thought that SM/TL had a specific limitation on how many
> Veterans and Termies could be fielded by one Chapter.

        Yeah, there was something like that in a WD, maybe it
got reprinted in SM Battles? It gave the rundown on the 10
companies for the Big 4 chapters and how they could be broken
up (frex, if you took a scout company, you couldn't have any
scout support cards from the same chapter in your army. Or
if you did take scout support cards you couldn't take the
company). But it was only a guideline, not at all official.
They even mention in the article that during wartime a
chapter will often have more than the standard 1000 fighting
men available, leaving you clear to take excess support cards,
at the very least.

> They placed no
> restrictions on the number of chapters that could participate in a
> battle, so it wasn't a big deal except for one-chapter purists. :(

        It wasn't a big deal unless you were a fluff purist,
either.

Scott
shupes_at_...