Re: [Epic] Overwatched Barrages

From: Sutherland <charles_at_...>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 1997 20:43:27 -0500

At 08:53 AM 8/29/97 -0400, you wrote:
>All,
>
>OK. I've been observing the list for a few months while I get used to the
>game mechanics (I am new to Epic with the new edition), and I thought I
>would wait until I could at least speak semi-intelligently about the game
>before posting. Well, I'm posting and whether or not it's semi-intelligent
>is another thing.
>
>Anyway, someone please explain to me why Barrages, particularly Indirect
>90cm Heavy Artillery type barrages can be overwatched?! As an Orc player I
>tend to have areas of my army that are somewhat dense with boyz, yes it's
>true. These overwatched barrages are getting to be a bit troublesome. How
>can these shots be put on overwatch. Do they have a meteorologist doing a
>better job at reading wind currents and humidity? Perhaps they have a
>laser topology of the battle field which allows them to redirect barrages?
> (Note the sarcasm) A barrage is a barrage. A better aimed barrage is
>still a barrage. I just don't think that these types of shots should be
>able to go on overwatch. It is not as if the units shooting can control
>the blast area once they've shot. Anyway, I would like some of you
>experienced players to explain why my boyz are getting flattened by these
>overwatched barrages. End of rant.

They might not be more accurate but I am sure that an art. unit not moving
can throw a lot more shells than a unit that does, hence the bonus for
overwatch. And yes my orks hate the friggin pinkie commies and there big
artillery guns also. A couple of medium KoS are good for what ails you or
better yet the kruise missiles on a Mega-Gargant do wonders on Artie!!!

                                                                That Chuk Guy