[Epic] Overwatched Barrages

From: Bart Koehler <bkoehler_at_...>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 08:53:28 -0400

All,

OK. I've been observing the list for a few months while I get used to the
game mechanics (I am new to Epic with the new edition), and I thought I
would wait until I could at least speak semi-intelligently about the game
before posting. Well, I'm posting and whether or not it's semi-intelligent
is another thing.

Anyway, someone please explain to me why Barrages, particularly Indirect
90cm Heavy Artillery type barrages can be overwatched?! As an Orc player I
tend to have areas of my army that are somewhat dense with boyz, yes it's
true. These overwatched barrages are getting to be a bit troublesome. How
can these shots be put on overwatch. Do they have a meteorologist doing a
better job at reading wind currents and humidity? Perhaps they have a
laser topology of the battle field which allows them to redirect barrages?
 (Note the sarcasm) A barrage is a barrage. A better aimed barrage is
still a barrage. I just don't think that these types of shots should be
able to go on overwatch. It is not as if the units shooting can control
the blast area once they've shot. Anyway, I would like some of you
experienced players to explain why my boyz are getting flattened by these
overwatched barrages. End of rant.

Bart